140 Seventh Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33701-5016 Phone: (727) 873-4405
Collection Development and Technical Services
- Our mission is to provide access to library materials through the management of prompt, adequate and accurate cataloging of materials.
- Our responsibilities include authority control, managing bibliographic data and records, maintaining the integrity of the library's catalog, limited original cataloging, and maintaining statistics and spreadsheets.
- We perform original cataloging of undergraduate theses, rare books and other special collections materials.
- We communicate and collaborate with the Nelson Poynter Library Office of Systems & Technology, the Collection Analysis and Technical Services Department (CATS) of the Libraries of the USF System System, and representatives of the Florida Center for Library Automation (FCLA), to manage acquisitions and cataloging procedures, and to train staff in system updates.
- We develop training materials, documentation, and protocols for staff, and function as an internal service unit to Library faculty and staff, answering questions regarding classification and description of materials, and solving complex bibliographic problems as they arise.
Photo of arches in the library | Photo by library staff
Revised 13 October 2011 (Template)